Lot 2 Brass Steam Locomotive Nameplate "WARWICK CASTLE" As carried by a Collett designed ex GWR 4073 Castle Class 4-6-0 No "4081" built at Swindon Works in March 1924. Allocations included Old Oak Common, Reading, Cardiff Canton, Plymouth Laira, Exeter, Bristol Bath Road, Landore, Swindon, Shrewsbury, Llanelly and Carmarthen from where it was withdrawn in January 1963. Cut at R.S Hayes, Bridgend 09/63. This is the left hand plate and is in Ex-Loco condition. Warwick Castle is a medieval castle situated next to the River Avon originally built in wood going back to the 11th Century it was rebuilt in stone in the 12th century and was owned by the Greville family until 1978 when it was taken over by the Tussauds Group and is now a major tourist attraction.

Guide: £10000 - 15000


  (Reserve Not Met)