Lot 144 Brass Steam Locomotive Nameplate "WARWICK CASTLE" As carried by a Collett designed ex GWR 4073 Castle Class 4-6-0 No. 4081 built at Swindon Works in March 1924. Allocations included Old Oak Common, Reading, Cardiff Canton, Plymouth Laira, Exeter, Bristol Bath Road, Landore, Swindon, Shrewsbury, Llanelly and Carmarthen from where it was withdrawn in January 1963. Cut at R.S Hayes, Bridgend, South Wales 09/63. Face cleaned condition front, ex-loco rear. Warwick Castle is a medieval castle situated next to the River Avon originally built in timber going back to the 11th Century it was rebuilt in stone in the 12th century and was owned by the Greville family until 1978 when it was taken over by the Tussauds Group and is now a major tourist attraction.


  Lot Sold For: £10500 (PB 722)