Lot 1 Brass Steam Locomotive Nameplate "EARL OF DARTMOUTH" as carried by a Collett designed ex GWR Castle Class 4-6-0 No "5047" - named new as "COMPTON CASTLE" when built at Swindon works in April 1936. By 20 August 1937 was renamed "Earl of Dartmouth" and carried the name throughout until withdrawal. Allocations included Landore, Newton Abbot, Plymouth Laira and Wolverhampton Stafford Road from where it was withdrawn in September 1962. Cut up at Swindon works 03/63.


  Lot Sold For: £15000 (PB 1359)